Old School Work Ethic - New Age Techniques
Schwartz Advisors has attracted some of the best talent in the auto aftermarket. Our partners have experience running both small and large companies and bring expertise covering retailing, manufacturing, warehouse management, E-commerce, product launch, marketing and financial management to our auto and heavy duty aftermarket and general industry projects.
- Rick Schwartz, CEO
- Curtis Draper
- Derek Kaufman
- Keith Zar
- Malcolm Davidow
- Pete Kornafel
- Rick Guirlinger
- Mort Schwartz
- Steve Ganster
Director of Projects & Industry Analysis
- Katie Schaber
Richard Schwartz, Managing Partner
- Responsible for administration and supervision of SA projects
- Leads SA M&A advisory projects and advises clients on a wide range of strategic planning topics affecting aftermarket companies
- Chief Operating Officer for IDEA Health & Fitness, Inc.
- Held senior management positions at Nestlé USA and Macy's
- Director of the Auto Care Association, past Chairman of Market Intelligence Committee
Curtis Draper, Managing Partner
- Responsible for Schwartz Advisors strategic planning projects and also co-head of SA's M&A Advisory practice
- Over 30 years experience in change management, strategic marketing and business development roles in aircraft components and auto parts manufacturers.
- Former Sr. VP AASA
- Former Sr. VP of Sales and Marketing at UCI-FRAM and Sector Lead at Howmet Alcoa
Derek Kaufman, Managing Partner
- Responsible for Schwartz Advisors operations platform and project support
- Over 35 years experience in the transportation industry in a variety of roles ranging from engineering to management to entrepreneurial ventures.
- Former VP Marketing and Product Planning Freightliner Trucks
- Former President Diesel Technology, Sr VP Hino Trucks, CEO Mission Motors
Keith Zar, Managing Partner
- Responsible for sell-side deal structure and strategy and SA's legal reviews
- VP, General Counsel, UCI FRAM
- Sr. VP General Counsel, Next Level Communications
- Sr. VP General Counsel, General Instrument
Malcolm Davidow, Partner
- Former VP Online Pep Boys
- Former President eAuto.com
- Former Director, Automotive Amazon.com
Pete Kornafel, Managing Partner
- Responsible for Retail and WD project support
- Former Director and Vice Chairman, General Parts, Inc.
- Former President of the CARQUEST Corporation.
- 40 years experience in WD segment including owner of Hatch Grinding
- Author "Inventory Management and Purchasing" textbook for hard goods distributors and retailers
Rick Guirlinger, Partner
- 35 year career in the automotive aftermarket as Controller, Treasurer, Vice President and Chief Financial Officer with Parts Warehouse Company, and with General Parts International, Inc. (GPI) and subsidiaries including WORLDPAC
- Faculty member at the University of the Aftermarket
- Began career with McGladrey, Hansen, Dunn & Company, the predecessor firm to McGladrey
Mort Schwartz, Partner
- Trustee of the University of the Aftermarket Foundation, former Chairman and CEO of Strauss Discount Auto, Import Parts of America, Thermo King of Northern California and Chanslor & Lyon.
- Past Director of WORLDPAC, Hospital Systems, Illinois Auto Electric and Thermo King of Northern California. Chairman of the APAA, AWDA and CAWA and founder of the Global Automotive Aftermarket Symposium, and inducted into the Automotive Hall of Fame in October 2008
- Other awards include AWDA Man of the Year, MEMA Triangle Award, APAA Executive of the Year, AWDA Lifetime Achievement Award and Automotive Hall of Fame Distinguished Service Award
Steve Ganster, Partner
- Managing Director of Technomic Asia, based in Shanghai
- 28 years experience in international market strategy and operational consulting, primarily in Asia and he has assisted over 200 multinational firms in assessment of opportunities in Asia and business strategy
- Author of the recently published book, "The China Ready Company" and a frequent speaker on China related topics and has in depth experience in China's automotive sector